Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In My Future: Green Day with 3 Teenagers!


Just a little background for you: My daughter, Rebekah, just turned 16 this past weekend. Her favorite band is Green Day. She idolizes Billie Joe Armstrong.

Well, in case you hadn't heard, Green Day just put out a new CD and they are going on tour for the summer. Wouldn't you know, they are stopping in Michigan, and Rebekah told us, "I am going to see Green Day."

I guess I remember what it was like, so long ago, to be 16 and crazy about a band. So, dear hubby and I agreed to get her to the concert as her birthday gift from us.

We weren't dummies about it though. Tickets went on sale this past Saturday at 10 a.m. Well, it's just unheard of to see Rebekah up before 11 a.m. on Saturdays. However, we teased her and told her there was no way I could function to purchase concert tickets online without a good breakfast first. Guess who was up and cooking pancakes first thing Saturday morning?

So, long story short, sort of, I am taking Rebekah and her friend, plus my younger daughter to see Green Day in July! Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails