Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Close to My Heart's My Creations Cube Animal Cookies Style



I held a "Cool Cubes" workshop earlier this month. This is one of the cubes I created for that class. This sample features the Animal Cookies Level 2 paper packet and coordinating embellishments. Above, you can see the top of my cube.

The My Creations Cube comes unfolded and ready to alter. Once I figured out how I wanted to decorate and assemble my cube, I inked all edges of the cube with Desert Sand ink and my Foam Tool (to keep my fingers clean).

Next, I began tying the corners with Waxy Flax, alternating between the Sunflower and White. I was careful, however, not to tie down the lid. I wanted to decorate the inside of the lid. I plan to make four of these beauties, one for each of my children. I will store keepsakes from each of my babies inside the cube.

However, you could tie all sides and use the cube as a desk display and alternate which side you want to highlight at any given time. You could have each side be a different season or a different family member.

I have listed for you the supplies I used to create this particular cube.

Project Supplies:

Alterable Item: My Creations Cube
Paper: Animal Cookies Level 2 Paper Packet
Cardstock: Tulip, Dutch Blue, and White Daisy
Inks: Tulip , Desert Sand, Clover Meadow, and Dutch Blue
Tools: Micro-Tip Scissors, Edge Distresser, Foam Tool, and Glue Dots

Then, below, the sides are shown. The cutting guide was designed by a fellow CTMH consultant.






This last photo below shows you the inside lid of the cube that I decorated. I also added a button closure and with a loop made of Waxy Flax.



These cubes are such fun projects to make! I also made cubes using That's Amore Level 2 paper packet and with Stardust Level 2 paper packet.

Let me know if you would like to host your own "Cool Cubes" workshop for you and your friends.

1 comment:

Geena said...

I bought my cube last yr & finally knew what 2 do with it. This is my 1st time doing one of these. I must say I'm hooked! I'm havn so much fun with it. Only thing I wasn't sure how 2 do was connecting cube together then I remembered I had sassy strands. Unfortunately I don't have waxy string. But I loved ur cube!! U did an awesome job on it!! Also thx for the tips! It helped me a lot! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails