Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

CTMH's August Stamp of the Month, "It's Your Day" Alternate Card Creation


Whenever I am trying to create a card for a swap, I end up with at least one "alternate version." Above you will see just that. It uses slightly different color combinations for the stamping. I like to share those variations as they sometimes are the favorite choices for others.

You can see that, for this card, I did include edge distressing and inking. For example, after distressing the edges of the colorful B&T (Background & Texture paper), I inked the edges with the Dutch Blue ink pad by dragging the edges of my paper across the pad.

Again, the project supplies are similar to my post for the August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop card from August 1st:

Project Supplies:
Stamp: D1352 It's Your Day, August Stamp of the Month
Paper: Animal Cookies Level 2 Paper Packet
Cardstock: Tulip, Clover Meadow, Black, and White Daisy
Inks: Tulip , Sunflower, Clover Meadow, and Dutch Blue
Embellishments: White Daisy Bigger Brads
Tools: "Originals" how-to book, Micro-Tip Scissors, Edge Distresser, Liquid Glass, and 3-D Foam Tape

I hope you have some fun creating your own projects with this month's featured stamp set!

Related Posts with Thumbnails