Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Snow" card: All Decked Out stamp set with Aspen paper

This is my second post for today. Tomorrow will find me much too busy to play.

So, in honor of my sweet girl's dreams of snow, I am posting this fun card made with snow in mind:

Things I love about this card include the homemade glimmer mist that I actually brushed on to get a blustery feeling of snow blowing about. You know how it is when those days hit! However, our snowman is keeping warm in his hat, ear muffs, and scarf! LOL Oh, I also added some Liquid Applique "snow" to the tops of the letters and also as the "fur" for our snowman's hat too. I heated the Liquid Applique with my heat tool to puff it up.

The glimmer mist can be prepared in a 2-oz spray bottle by adding filling it to 1/3 with Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint. Next add about 10 drops your choice of re-inker (I used Crystal Blue here), then add another 1/3 of plain water. Shake well and spray. Keep in mind the "overspray effect" too! I did not with my first project and my oak dining table is still glimmery! LOL

This card made was made with D1308 All Decked Out paired with one of my favorite paper packs, Aspen Level 2 kit. Fellow consultant Bren Yule started the trend of using the corduroy brads for ear muffs. Don't you just love that!

The "S" "N" and "W" are from the E1013 Field Trip Alphabet set.

This next card is a 5 x 7 card featuring some easy-peasy paper-piecing. Christine Adams posted a super cute card similar to this one I made. Thanks for the inspiration, Christine!

The inside of the card completes the sentiment "Have Yourself" with "a Merry Little Christmas." The sentiment comes from the set C1293 Wonderful Season.

So, with that thought in mind, enjoy the coming wintry weather or the change of seasons wherever you may be visiting from today.

If you are still planning to take advantage of Close to My Heart's Stampaganza promotion, you are welcome to shop from my website or you can e-mail at: LoveToStamp.myctmh.com or call me with your order too. I just sent out my last Stampaganza reminder newsletter today to those customers who are on my mailing list. Don't miss the extra special coupon in my newsletter good for these last few days of November!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails