Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

My Christmas Wish

I am still working on my Christmas cards, so for now, this will have to do. My family and friends should know that I am indeed thinking of you as I remember the blessings of this past year.

I've seen some lovely easel cards that I have admired. So, my goal for my Christmas card was to design one myself. That being said, the many steps involved in what you see here means my cards didn't hit the post office when I would have liked. However, I am quite pleased with what I settled on for the final card design.

The first image you see is the card as it is meant to be displayed. Then, the second image, just above, is how it arrives in a standard envelope. Below, I wanted to show that the easel is created by scoring the front of the card base at 2.25 inches. The card front is then attached only to the 2.25 portion you have once folded at the scored line.




The sentiment on the inside of the card is adhered with foam tape. The added dimension acts as a door stop to allow the easel card to stand. The back of the card features a stamp in the Made with Love stamp set that I just love. What a nice way to sign your work and let folks know how special they are too.

Project Supplies
:
Stamp: C1289 Warm Memories, D1166 Vintage Christmas, D1388 Card Chatter - Christmas, D1384 Snow Flurries, and D1387 Made with Love
Paper: X5802 Holiday Creative Basics
Cardstock: Colonial White, Ponderosa Pine, Cranberry, and Bamboo
Inks: Ponderosa Pine, Cranberry, Desert Sand, Moonstruck, Crystal Blue, and Garden Green
Embellishments: Ponderosa Pine Organdy Ribbon
Tools: Sponge, Sponge Dauber, Micro-Tip Scissors, Euro Paper Trimmer, Embossing Stylus, Bone Folder, Glue Dots, and 3-D Foam Tape

May all your Christmas wishes come true on this sacred day of love and celebration.

2 comments:

Paige Dolecki said...

Dawn - Another fabulous creation! I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a peaceful, prosperous New Year!

Paige

Maricar said...

What a sweet easel card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails