Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Celebrate Everything You Do

I had the great pleasure of attending a scrapbook retreat over the weekend. I met a wonderful group of women who made me feel welcome as a newcomer. They shared their love of scrapbooking and papercrafting during an amazing weekend.

The setting was secluded and lovely. It proved to be a very serene place to get away and enjoy my favorite hobbies.

Our spiritual leader did a nice job of reminding us that our scrapbooking was a vehicle to share with others our journey in life. Thank you!

Below you can see the first page of my layout, which I shared as a free Make & Take for my new cropping friends. I have to offer thanks for my inspiration for the layout my fellow consultant, Aimee created and shared with me. Thanks, Aimee!

The title seemed perfect for helping me to remember that everyday happenings are just as important in our journey in life as the big, flashy events are.


Next is the companion page:


Project Supplies:
Stamps: D1408 A Little Everything, March's Stamp of the Month
D1320 Shining Star
Paper: You Rock Level 2 paper packet
Cardstock: Sunflower CS, Indian Corn Blue CS, Pansy Purple CS, and White Daisy CS
Inks: Goldrush, Sunflower, Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Olive, and Pansy Purple
Embellishments: Outdoor Denim Twill Ribbon and White Daisy Bigger Brads
Tools: "Imagine" how-to book, Micro-Tip Scissors, Paper Piercer, Edge Distresser, Sanding Kit, Foam Tool, Sponge Dauber, Glue Dots, and 3-D Foam Tape.

As you can see I did edge distressing, sanding, and sponging with my Foam Tool and Sponge Dauber too. The larger stars have that tie-dye look due to the stamp rolling technique. First, I inked the star completely with my Sunflower ink pad. Next, I rolled the edges in my Olive ink pad. Finally, I rolled some other edges of the star in Pansy Purple ink. The Sponge Dauber was used to add Outdoor Denim ink around all the edges of the large star after I cut it out.

I had such a wonderful time meeting new friends who share my love for papercrafting! It was also a joy to share my love of Close to My Heart with them. Thanks for the time to share some of my favorite tips and techniques along with my favorite scrapbooking and stamping supplies!

Have a wonderful spring day!

1 comment:

Amy Callaway said...

Dawn - I love this layout. You Rock is such a cool paper pack and I love how you incorporated the March sotm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails