Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hot Diggity! It's the Puddle Pad Technique and Glitz Glitter Glue, too!

Have you see the new Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog?   It's a fun blog to visit if you love all things Close to My Heart for stamping, cardmaking, and scrapbooking. I have found some wonderful artwork and inspiration there each and every week.  This is a new blog sponsored and created by Independent Consultants for Close to My Heart.  All of the challenges are posted on Monday mornings with the deadline to enter each week on Sunday at 10:00 pm EST. There are prizes too!  Woo Hoo!

Here is my card for this week's technique challenge:

Project Supplies:
Stamps: C1407 Hot Diggity and D1421 Cherish the Moment, May Stamp of the Month
Paper: Splendor Level 2 paper packet
Cardstock: Moonstruck CS and Colonial White CS
Inks: Topiary, Moonstruck, and Goldrush
Embellishments: Topiary, Moonstruck, and Goldrush re-inkers, plus Stardust Glitz Glitter Glue
Tools: "Wishes" how-to book, Micro-Tip Scissors, Edge Distresser, Sponges, and 3-D Foam Tape

The technique I wanted to share is the Puddle Pad Technique which you can see on the adorable stamped butterfly from the new Hot Diggity stamp set.  I demonstrated this at my 12-hour crop in honor of National Scrapbooking Month this past Saturday.  I think the card and the technique were both hits.

To do the Puddle Pad Technique, you start with about 5 baby wipes and place them in a stack on a non-porous surface, like your My Acrylix Block.  I used my 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 block and it was the perfect size.

Next you add re-inkers in colors to coordinate with your project in the amount and pattern desired.  I used Topiary, Moonstruck, and Goldrush re-inkers that match the pretty new Splendor Level 2 paper pack, used for this card.  For the butterfly image I used about 10 drops of each re-inker in stripes about 1/2" wide to make a rectangular block of re-inker big enough to ink my butterfly stamp.

Ink up your image into the Puddle Pad and stamp away.  Voila!  You have some gorgeous tie-dye butterfly images to create your pretty projects.

You are welcome to browse my website for the supplies mentioned here and shop 24/7 without every leaving your home.  Visit at:  http://lovetostamp.myctmh.com

Hurry over and check out the Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog and see more great artwork with Close to My Heart supplies!

7 comments:

Lori said...

What a cute card. Love that little frog.

Mary said...

Super cute and I love your techniques! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

MistyGirl said...

Nice! LOVE the butterfly with the puddle pad technique! :-)

Carol Labuski said...

Dawn...this is just too cute! Love that frog! Thanks for playing along this week with H2H!

Jayma Malme said...

What a cute card! I am in love with this Splendor paper and just got the Hot Diggity stamp set...excited to play with it, too :) Nice job on the technique.

Deneen said...

Cool technique, I love the butterfly!

Helen Onulak said...

How stinking cute is that! Love the butterfly and puddle pad technique. Nice job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails