Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

June Stamp of the Month Blog Hop


Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring June's Stamp of the Month, which is "D1422 Wonderful Friend," a set of 9 stamps.

If you have come here from Adeline's Blog, you are on the right path! When you reach the end of my post you will continue hopping along from the link posted for you.

This month we have over 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's Stamp of the Month and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs. Hopping along with us is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

For my card creation, I used the cardmaker's how-to recipe book, "Originals" cardmaking how-to program and followed the pattern called, Pretty Simple. The how-to programs from Close to My Heart are such great time-savers for me. The programs really do make my projects come together: "Faster. Simpler. Easier."


Project Supplies:
Stamps: D1422 Wonderful Friend, June's Stamp of the Month
Paper: Passages Level 2 paper packet
Cardstock: Cocoa CS and Colonial White CS
Inks: Cocoa, Desert Sand, and Garden Green
Embellishments: Pewter Brads and Desert Sand Re-inker
Tools: "Originals" how-to book, Micro-Tip Scissors, Paper Piercer, 1" Flat Paint Brush (from Distressing Kit), Circle Punches, and 3-D Foam Squares

I am a distressing addict and loved the effect I got on my card by using the 1" Flat Paint Brush dipped in Desert Sand Re-inker to paint all the edges of my pieces of papers.  Since the re-inker is water-based it dried super fast too!  I thought it fit the flavor of the Passages papers and the Wonderful Friend stamp set too.

From this image below, you can see all of the 9 stamp images included in this stamp set. As you can see, there are many great uses for this set! This set can be a nice addition to both your cardmaking and scrapbooking bag of tricks, whether for a Father's Day card or just about any masculine birthday card or layouts. In the month of June, you can earn at a discount or even FREE! Ask me how!


Remember, the June stamp of the month is only available until June 30th! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

When visiting my website: http://LovetoStamp.myctmh.com you can also find great Close to My Heart scrapbooking and stamping supplies anytime you want, 24/7.

Now "Hop" on over to Katy's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to see some great artwork!

The full list of everyone who will be participating this month and links to their blogs, if you need help hopping along with us, can be found in my prior post.

Thank you for hopping along with me!

7 comments:

Krista Ritskes said...

Love the simplicity of your card, it looks fabulous!

Carla said...

Great card!!

Annette said...

Nice! Love the paint brush edge technique.

Andrea Ewen said...

Very nice, love the inked up edges, very "manly". Thanks for sharing!

Laurie said...

Love the card! Love the paint brush/reinker for painting the edges - cool tip! Thanks for sharing it!

Melissa said...

Simple and perfect! Nice work!

Helen Onulak said...

I love the distressing technique - will have to give that a try. Nice job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails