Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop is Something Splendid


Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring August's Stamp of the Month, which is "D1424 Something Splendid" a set of 13 stamps.

If you have come here from Mary's Blog, you are on the right path! When you reach the end of my post you will continue hopping along from the link posted for you.

This month we have over 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's Stamp of the Month and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs. Hopping along with us is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

For my card creation, I used the cardmaker's how-to recipe book, "Originals" cardmaking how-to program and followed the pattern called, Lucky Three. The how-to programs from Close to My Heart are such great time-savers for me. The programs really do make my projects come together: "Faster. Simpler. Easier."  In September, there will be the debut of a brand new how-to program for your scrapbooking called, "Magic."  I will have a new creation to share using that new recipe book just in time for the next hop.


Project Supplies:
Stamps: D1424 Something Splendid, August's Stamp of the Month
Paper: Cherry-O Level 2 paper packet and Cherry-O Creative Basics
Cardstock: Tulip CS and Colonial White CS
Inks: Chocolate, Blush, and Sweet Leaf
Embellishments: Colonial White Grosgrain Ribbon and Chocolate Polka Dot Organdy Ribbon
Tools: "Originals" how-to book, Micro-Tip Scissors, Sponges, Sponge Daubers, 3-D Foam Tape, and Glue Dots

With this stamp set I enjoyed the two-step stamping with the base and shade stamps that this set includes.  I've made a few different versions of this card so I could have different colored flowers.  This is the version I liked best with these Cherry-O and Cherry-O Creative Basics paper combo.  This flower base is stamped with Blush ink and the shade stamping was done with Chocolate ink.  I'd love to hear what you think.  I'll see about posting my other versions another day.

From this image below, you can see all of the 13 stamp images included in this stamp set. There are many great uses for this set, whether you use this on your handmade cards or add to your scrapbooking bag of tricks.  The sentiments included are:  "Enjoy Life," "Seize the Day," and "Something Splendid."  In the month of August, you can earn at a discount or even FREE! Ask me how!




Remember, the August stamp of the month is only available until August 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

When visiting my website: http://LovetoStamp.myctmh.com you can also find great Close to My Heart scrapbooking and stamping supplies anytime you want, 24/7.

Now "Hop" on over to Kim's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to see some great artwork!

The full list of everyone who will be participating this month and links to their blogs, if you need help hopping along with us, can be found in my prior post.

Thank you for hopping along with me!

11 comments:

Lori Miller said...

I love your card! Pink and brown is such a pretty combination. I really like the way you made it into a pocket card -- nice work!

Mary Eisen said...

Love the card and the paper choices!

Haley D. said...

So pretty in pink!

Cindy said...

Very Pretty....looks great with Cherry-O

Jenifer said...

Love the color combos! they're prefect!

Kathleen said...

I love the Cherry-O papers with this!

The Brae-er said...

Very nice card!

Krista Ritskes said...

Cute! Love the colours and your ribbon stem.

Carla said...

Very pretty card!!

Laurie said...

Very pretty; and thanks for showing the inside - it finishes it!

Shirley said...

so cute

Related Posts with Thumbnails