Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop featuring "Chairs to You"



Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring May's Stamp of the Month, which is "D1456 Chairs to You," a set of eclectic, hip images and sentiments great for both cards and pages too.  I have to say I just love how in with papercrafting trends that Close to My Heart's stamps are!

If you have come here from Brae's blog, you are on the right path! When you reach the end of my post you will continue hopping along from the link posted for you.

We have another amazing group of Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's Stamp of the Month and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs. Hopping along with us is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

This is my project for our hop, a 5" x 7" card based on the Medallion pattern from the "Wishes" cardmaking how-to pattern book from Close to My Heart's own Jeanette Lynton:

Project Supplies:
Stamps: D1456 Chairs to You, May's Stamp of the Month
Paper: X5812 Wings Creative Basics
Cardstock: Kraft, Juniper, Cocoa, and Colonial White
Inks:  Cocoa
Embellishments: Juniper satin ribbon from the Wings Creative Basics and Z1372 Green Buttons from the Green Button Assortment 
Tools: "Wishes" how-to books, Scallop Circle Punch, Micro-Tip Scissors, Foam Tool, Paper Piercer, Spritz, 3-D Foam Tape, and Glue Dots

Don't you just love how great the striped paper works for the upholstery of this easy chair?

I got to try my hand at this fun technique to create the flower shown here.  I punched 6 scallop circles, spritzed them with water, crumpled them tightly, opened them up, layered the circles, and placed a brad through the center.  Then, I scrunched up the circles again.  I was pretty pleased with how easy these type of flowers are to make.

Here are the stamps you get in your set when you order your own "Chairs to You" stamp set:



Now hop on over to Teresa's blog to see her to our hop. Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to see some more great artwork!

Please visit my website to order if you would like to order your some fun supplies, including this cool stamp set, the May Stamp of the Month.  Be sure to take advantage of the campaign for May:



The beautiful "You & Me" scrapbooking kit is available to you in honor of Close to My Heart's celebration of National Scrapbooking Month.  Visit my website to get the scoop on that.

Remember to also check out some very nice deals in the "While Supplies Last" section of my website.  Contact me via e-mail if you would like some help with placing your order:  lovetostamp.myctmh.com

Enjoy doing the blog hop this month.  It promises to be another winner!


5 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Love the patterned chair. Great job, Dawn!

Paige Dolecki said...

Love that ruffled flower!

Paige

Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh Dawn, I just love the Kraft paper! Super darling!!

Krista Ritskes said...

Cute!!!

Haley D. said...

The striped chair is stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails