Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gearing up

So much to do yet and the time is dwindling as we get ready for another great summer vacation! I think all of the reservations are made, itinerary is set, and the packing is in full swing.

This afternoon, hubby and I were out running those important, last minute errands. One of our stops was our friendly Verizon store to check on our coverage while in Canada for part of our trip.  What started out as a quick visit for some information turned into a two-hour adventure that included a new Droid for someone and ended with a new Samsung Galaxy Tab for someone else.  Well, let me tell you, I am so excited to have these little gems with us on the road!

Here is what this certain someone has been playing with this evening:









Now, I imagine this might be blase and old hat for some of you, but I am a creature habit who often balks at change.  That is part of why only one of us left the store with a Droid.  I insist on having a keyboard that is not just touchscreen for my phone use.  LOL 

However, for someone who loves to read voraciously like I do, I have often considered if I could go the way of the Kindle and other such reading devices.  Well, when I saw all the features that this little gadget had to offer, I was over the moon!  Add to that they gave us a great deal too!  I am ready to load up the books and I am good to go on vacation.  Who needs anything more???

I would also like to share another of Rebekah's pretty card creations.  This is one of the 20 or so Thank You cards she has made so far to send out to says "Thanks" for her graduation gifts:


It's been a real treat to see her take such pride in her cardmaking.  She is a talented artist in other areas, but has not been into my passion for scrapbooking and cardmaking.  However, lately she has really been excited about her cards.  Gotta love that!


Other than the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop post in a few days, my blog will be pretty quiet during vacation time.



1 comment:

Casandra said...

Dawn,

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation. Sounds exciting! And looks like you got some awesome new gadgets that will help make your life easier, and a lot less packing. :)

Safe travels, my dear friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails