Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

On a Personal Note: Diary of Freshman Year Move In

It's been a busy week for our household.  Our oldest daughter is getting ready to start her freshman year at college.  We spent three days packing her up, moving her in, stocking her dorm room, and heading, reluctantly, back home.

Here are a few pictures of our adventure.  I must say that moving our daughter seemed to be as busy and involved as did moving our twin boys to two separate colleges five years ago!  LOL

Here's how the big event went for the Ross family:

The "Oh Mom!" face upon arrival to her dorm
The girls "supervise" while the boys take measurements
The hub of activity awaiting that organizational touch
Our trip to Office Max because she "needed" more dorm room furnishings

Little sis "supervising" the tie down efforts
Rebekah, Rachel, and Adam waiting on David for another trip back to the dorm
The whole crew putting on the finishing touches
Last, but not least, the acquisition of dorm food
Whew!  That was a busy adventure!

And, if you can believe it, some things were still forgotten and I have already sent out my first official care package to our girl yesterday.  Thank goodness we will be seeing her again in just three weeks.  We'll see just how much more stuff she "needs" by then!

Best wishes to all of you gearing up for your own back-to-school adventures!

2 comments:

Casandra said...

Awe. I think I'm going to cry. How are you holding up, little mama? I can't believe your baby girl is now officially a college student. You and Wayne have raised her well and she is ready for this new adventure.

Paige Dolecki said...

Congratulations on another one flying off to college! I still have a couple of years left before my first goes off but I'm already freaked out just thinking about it. I'll have to ask you for advice on how to deal as you are an experienced Mom!

Paige

Related Posts with Thumbnails