Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Confessions of a Distracted Crafter

Confessions of a distracted crafter today. As much as I enjoy my cardmaking and scrapbooking, I can't seem to get ahead of the game so to speak. This winter has been filled with some health challenges and other roadblocks in life.  Most recently it has been a rare happening indeed when I send out my handmade creations to family or friends on time. In fact, lately, I have even been guilty of just plain missing some important family occasions.

Case in point for today's blog post is this card I created to honor my dad on his 65th birthday. It didn't reach him until more than a month past the happy day. My bad!!!

I found inspiration for my card on Pinterest.  Don't you just love all the crazy cool ideas you can find there!?!  You can take a peek at the inspiration card.

Here is what I made with for my dad, who spent the first half of his professional life on the Great Lakes.  I loved the nautical theme of the Tommy paper pack for this card:

Project Supplies:
Stamps: Chantilly Cardmaking Workshop Stamp & For Always Workshop Stamp
Paper:  X7169B Tommy paper packet
Cardstock:  Slate, Whisper, Bamboo, and Outdoor Denim
Inks:  Outdoor Denim
Embellishments:  Z1705 Square Studs, Z1680 Stars Dimensional Elements, Z1313 Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel, and Foam Numbers (retired)
Tools:  Micro-Tip Scissors, Sponge Dauber, 3-D Foam Tape, and Glue Dots

All supplies are from Close to My Heart and you can get yours by visiting my website:  http://lovetostamp.ctmh.com

Thanks for stopping by!

 

2 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

I hear ya. This has been a rather distracting winter for my family, too. Stay crafty, my friend.

Melissa said...

Great card Dawn - sounds like you need to give yourself the gift of crafty therapy time! Xoxo ~ m

Related Posts with Thumbnails