Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy 25th Anniversary!


My dear hubby and I recently celebrated 25 years of wedded bliss. We have had some ups and downs here and there, but the good have far outweighed the bad. We have so much to be thankful for and so many blessings to recall. In honor of this special day I have a card and an altered wall canvas to share today.

First is the card I made with much love and patience. I think it took about three hours to decide on the design and be happy with the finished project:
Here is the inside view:

I ended up creating my card based upon the theme I used on the wall canvas that I had made a few days earlier.  You can see what I mean by taking a peek at the wall canvas:

Last month I made my first wall canvas using the Canvas Workshops on the Go kit from Close to My Heart for my older daughter's 20th birthday.  I used the experience I gained from that success and made this for my husband.

I used a canvas we had in our art supply stash at home, some leftover elements from the Canvas Workshops on the Go kit.  This was a two-day project.  The first day I used Mod Podge to adhere and seal the patterned paper to the canvas.  While the Mod Podge was wet I also added Prisma Glitter over the paper.  I let this dry for a day.

The next day, my friend joined me to make her own Canvas Workshop on the Go for her hubby.  It was fun to have someone to reminisce with while making this type of project.  To finish up my canvas art I also incorporated Silver Shimmer Trim, Grey Wool Baker's Twine, Banner Dimensional Elements, For Always paper packet, For Always My Stickease, Clear Sparkle Flourishes, and hearts of Lagoon and Slate cardstock cut using my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge exclusive to Close to My Heart.

Oh, and in case you noticed the handwriting on the Slate heart, I added the lyrics to our favorite song, "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King.


I think my gift was a hit with my dear sweetheart!  Here's to another 25!

 

2 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

To my dear friends, Dawn and Wayne, Happy 25th! What a wonderful way to celebrate it with your lovely handmade gifts. I only caught a glimpse of that beautiful canvas you made, but I fell instantly in love with the canvas kit. Definitely on my must-have's for next month! *Hugs*

Pam said...

You card and canvas are both beautiful!! Congratulations on 25 years! And many happy more to come!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails