Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Special Card for My Son: Every Mile a Memory

With the exciting new Autumn/Winter Idea Book & Catalog going live in just a few short days, I have been busy creating with some wonderful new papers, stamps, and beautiful embellishments.  Hurray for the awesome perks of being a consultant with Close To My Heart!

My twin boys just celebrated their birthday.  I tried to make them each a card that I felt matched their own unique and fabulous style.

For our son, Adam, this is what I created:
I wish the photo turned out a little better, but I have been experimenting with a fancier version of my photo editing software. This card was a combination of brand new products and some retired favorites too that fit perfectly with my vision of what I wanted for my son's card.

Our Adam loves just about anything that has a motor.  For as long as I can remember that boy has found great joy in tinkering with and driving most any vehicle, from his first "motorcycle" at the Christmas he was about 2 to his new Honda motorcycle.  LOL  So, for his card I used papers from Cruisin' and also the new ProPlayer pack.  The muscle car image comes from D1564 "Maximum Power" stamp set.  The sentiment, "Every mile a memory" is from the Cruisin' Workshops on the Go stamp set.  I also incorporated the D1514 "Just a Number" birthday-themed stamp set.  Plus, you can see a glimpse of the fun new Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape.  I love it!

Here is a peek inside the card:
Happy Birthday to a fantastic young man!

Stay tuned for a look at our son, David's, special card too.

 

1 comment:

Casandra Bennett said...

I knew that stamp set would be used for a purpose like this (with you). Very nice, Dawn. Happy Birthday to your boys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails