Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Birthday Card: Frosted Meets Sarita

It was my husband's birthday this past weekend and I was inspired to use the fun new Circle Spin Cards available now courtesy of the new Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book.  Plus, I added two of the fun-sized M-sized stamp sets that are just $2.95 each and that fit just perfectly on the spinning circle element of these great cards.

I am also really enjoying challenging myself to combine papers from more than one of our lovely paper packs.  For this 5" x & 7" card I ended up choosing both Frosted and Sarita.

Here is a sample of Frosted:

And here is Sarita:


This is my combination.  I am excited about how it turned out!  See for yourself:
Project Supplies:
Stamps: M1030 A Little Gift and M1033 Heartfelt Birthday Wish
Paper:  X7175B Frosted paper packet & X7171B Sarita paper packet
Cardstock:  Z1866 White Daisy Circle Spin Cards & Envelopes
Inks:   Crystal Blue, Lagoon, Outdoor Denim, and Twilight
Embellishments:  Z1853 Aqua Dots, Z1850 Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape, Z1817 Slate Polka Dot Washi Tape, and Z1799 Silver Shimmer Trim
Tools: Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Z1768 Silver Metallic Marker, Blending Pen, Micro-Tip Scissors, 3-D Foam Tape, and Glue Dots


Here is a look at the back side of the spinner center of the card, stamped with the "Heartfelt Birthday Wish" stamp.  I used the ombre technique to color the "birthday" using my Crystal Blue and Twilight ink pads and my Blending Pen.  I am pretty happy with the cool effect~


Aren't the new Aqua Dots adorable?

Here is a peek inside the card.  I stamped the sentiment using the fun birthday-themed stamp set, "Just a Number," which is one of my favorites:


So, tell me, aren't these Spin Cards fun?!?  And, don't you love how the Frosted papers and the Sarita paper look great together?  I was quite pleased when it came together like this.  LOL

Now if you need any of these great new products, please head over to my website at:  http://lovetostamp.ctmh.com  Remember that the August Stamp of the Month is FREE with every $50 purchase!  Yummy!


2 comments:

Amanda R said...

Great combination of colors. Good tip to know the M-size stamps work so well with the spinner cards.

Casandra Bennett said...

Very cute, Dawn. You sure are loving that washi! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails