Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Are You Ready for a Spooky Halloween? Quoth the Raven Nevermore

Halloween is definitely one of my favorite holidays!  What's not to love about getting creative, dressing up, and candy!  Not to mention all of the spooky movies playing on t.v. and at the theaters to give you a good scare this time of year!  LOL

I don't know about you, but I have long enjoyed Edgar Allan Poe's work, including, "The Raven."  It was one of the poems that I remember reading and memorizing in 8th grade English class.  Needless to say that when I saw that Close To My Heart had designed a "Quoth the Raven" stamp set for this Annual Inspirations Idea Book, it was the first "must have" stamp set that went on my wish list!

Isn't it great?!?  And, it's a steal at just $6.95 too!

Here is my first card that I made with this set:


The gorgeous "Scaredy Cat" paper pack is a must have as well, especially when you get ready to scrap all of the fun you will have had this year on Halloween!  Look at all the pretty patterns:


Here's a little portion of Poe's "Raven" to keep you in the spirit of Halloween: 

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe (published 1845)

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more."

Here's wishing you a spooktacularly fun Halloween!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails