Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Monochromatic Christmas Card with Masking & Sponging


Welcome again for my next card in my Sunday Series featuring some Christmas card inspiration for you!

Today's card is one that I created using both masking to create the focal scene with monochromatic sponging and stamping.  I started with a 5" x 7" white card base.  I used the negative piece left from die-cutting a 3.5 inch circle to place over my card base for stamping the scene in Glacier ink.  Next, I then sponged lightly over using sponge daubers and Glacier, Crystal Blue, and Whisper inks:


Next, I used my corner rounder on two of the four corners of my card base to keep thing interesting.  Of course I just had to add a little bit of glittery goodness with the Silver and Teal Shimmer Trim accents.  I colored the White Enamel Star with my Shin Han Touch Twin Peacock Teal Marker to keep with the monochromatic tones of my card.

Here is the new "Christmas Post" stamp set that I used for this card:

Thanks for coming by today!  I hope you found some inspiration for your own cardmaking endeavor to keep you on track and enjoying some crafting time at the beginning of this holiday season!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails