Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sing Glory Christmas Card

Welcome again to another post in my Sunday Series for more Christmas card inspiration.  I hope this weekend finds you having thoroughly enjoyed some time with family and friends remembering the blessings in your life.

My 5" x 7" card for you today is my interpretation of a card that is featured in the Annual Inspiration Idea Book from Close To My Heart.  I wanted to be able to pair the beautiful Hostess Rewards exclusive stamp set, "Sing Glory" shown on page 7, with the traditional Christmas elegance in the "Yuletide Carol" paper pack, found on page 61.
If you click on the photo to view the card larger you may be able to make out when of the secrets I used in making the gold shimmer layer on my card.  I improvised using the Gold Shimmer Trim from Close To My Heart to create the mat border for below the champagne patterned paper from the "Yuletide Carol" pack.  I really loved the effect!

I did some masking and paper piecing to include the black stamped pieces for the sentiment.  When all is said and done with this year's variety of Christmas card designs that I created, I think that I am most pleased with the elegance and the color combo on this card.

I loved the stark contrast between the White Daisy card base, the Gold Shimmer Trim, the Champagne hued patterned paper, Ruby cardstock, plus the Desert Sand, Ruby and Black inks.  For additional embellishments I used the Gold Bling Gems and some of the Cashmere twine from the Neutral Metallic Assortment Baker's Twine

Thank you for stopping in to this week's Sunday Series Christmas card project!  I appreciate your visit!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails